Drug And Alcohol Counselling Sydney
Are you having drinking problems? If you recognise that the drinking is out of control, call us and we can help you.
Drinking is very common in Australia. Approximately 83% of people aged 14 and over report they recently had an alcoholic drink, according to Drinking Patterns in Australia 2001–2007. So many of us drink, but there are big differences between safe and risky alcohol consumption.
- Have I ever done anything damaging to my body as a result of drinking? (For example, your body has cuts and bruises; or recent tests show you have liver damage.)
- Have my relationships with others suffered as a result of my drinking?
- Has my performance at work being affected as a result of drinking?
- Have you experienced blackouts as a result of drinking?
- Have there been any legal issues as a result of my drinking (such as drink-driving charges)?
There are so many important reasons to better manage your drinking at any age:
- Improve your health
- Improve relationships
- Get fit and healthy
- Lose weight
- Do better at school or work
- Avoid hangovers
- Be in control of your behaviour at all times
- Save money
- Meet your personal standards
You may be undecided about whether you have a problem with drinking, or still have mixed feelings about reducing your alcohol intake. Perhaps it is affecting your relationships, your performance at work is not that great and you are facing charges for driving under the influence of alcohol.
If you are not yet ready to change but recognise the adverse effects of drinking, consider the following:
- Keep a track of how often and what you are drinking
- Notice how drinking affects you
- Make a list of pros and cons to changing
- Deal with priorities that stand in the way of changing
- Ask for support from a person you trust (such as a doctor, friend or psychologist).
It is not easy to change something if you have been doing it for a while, even if you know it is not good for your wellbeing. Wherever you are, we can assist you.
We can help you to prepare a plan and offer effective and practical strategies to address this issue.
Additionally, we can help you to replace “liquid courage” with the real one by addressing the symptoms of your anxiety or depression, self-esteem and resilience. Together, we will find out other ways for you to wind down and relax, and to have fun with your friends. If you would like to give yourself the best chance to get your drinking under control, simply call us on 0403 866 997 or fill in the contact form on this page.