I wanted to let you know of some significant changes to Medicare rebates for Psychology sessions. As previously advised, The Medicare rebates for Telehealth sessions were only introduced as a temporary measure, which was due to expire on 31-Dec-2021.
I am pleased to advise, the Federal Government has announced in December 2021, the temporary rebate payable via Medicare for individual clients who have a current MHCP in place, will be made permanent. Read the full statement via The Hon. Greg Hunt MP. The Federal Government have also announced the Additional 10 Medicare subsidised individual psychological therapy sessions created for the Better Access Pandemic Support measure will be extended until December 2022.
These additional sessions are available each calendar year for Australians who:
- have used all 10 initial sessions in the calendar year that they seek a referral for additional sessions, and
- receive a new Mental Health Care Plan for an additional number of sessions from their reviewing GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician (reviewing practitioner).
If you have any questions regarding your Medicare eligibility, please contact Medicare directly or contact Sam to discuss further.
COVID Safe Conditions of Entry
To ensure everyone’s safety, we have implemented some COVIDSafe regulations.
These conditions of entry are effective now, and we kindly ask all clients to follow them when attending our practice in person.
- If you are unwell – please reschedule your session. This includes COVID symptoms, but also any cold like symptoms that may be transmitted to others.
- Reschedule your session or request it change to a Telehealth session if you are waiting COVID19 test results or have been asked to isolate due to attending an exposure site.
- Please check in using the QR code (or manual form). It is a requirement for me to see the ‘green tick’ on the Service NSW app and check it relates to my office – so please be ready to show me this.
- You must wear a mask across your nose and mouth at all times during the therapy session.
- Please sanitise your hands using hand sanitiser provided when entering our office.
- Payment for your session must be made via online (Sam will email you the options with your invoice as usual), as we will no longer accept cash or card payments in person.
On behalf of all clients, and my family – We thank you for following these regulations to keep us all safe.